I’ve solved the problem of the floppiness of my vintage paper envelopes. I’ve tried different types of supporting paper and considered tape, but ended up using two layers to add firmness to my recycled envelopes.
They look so pretty, especially when I carefully pick large advertisements or pretty illustrations for the front. I’ve made a few bilingual envelopes as well; Dutch on the outside, English as the lining of the envelope, and vice versa.
Hurrah to recycling, reusing and, for ones, hurrah to colourful and engaging advertisements.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells exquisite original art work (drawings and paintings), fine art cards, as well reproductions and design fabric. See all pages in the header.
My apple oil painting, paper flowers, my reproductions and fine art cards, Utrecht and my daughter’s big, googly eyed guinea pig.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells exquisite original art work (drawings and paintings), fine art cards, as well as A4 reproductions. See Fine Art Cards or Reproductions in the header for what is available as well as the price list. In case you like to commission Paula, contact her at email@example.com
I invite you to have a look at my portfolio. To view the drawings-paintings, click on the names:
Birds, Flowers, Butterflies, Nature, and Miscellaneous
- Owls, Tawny, Strix aluco. Available as Fine Art Cards.
- Dove, Eurasian Collared Dove, Streptopelia decaocto. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Woodcocks, Scolopax rusticola, Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size), small stickers, Business card, Small Gift Card.
- Woodpeckers, Dendrocopos minor. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size).
- Song Thrush, Turdus philomelos. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Lapwings (Peewits), Vanellus vanellus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Golden Orioles, Oriolus oriolus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Kingfisher, Alcedo azurea. Available as Fine Art Cards, Small stickers.
- Bullfinches, Pyrrhula pyrrhula. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- European-goldfinches, Carduelis carduelis. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- Honeysuckle, Lonicera. Available as Fine Art Cards, A-4 Reproduction, Business cards.
- Poinsettia, Euphorbia pulcherrima. Available as large sticker.
- Tulips (3 tulips heads), Tulipa gesneriana, Available as Fine Art Card, Postcard.
- Tulips (4 stalks with tulip heads), Tulipa gesneriana. Available as Fine Art Card.
- Holly, (1 branch), Ilex aquifolium. Available as business card.
- Bee Orchid, Ophrys argolica. Available as Fine Art Cards and business cards. See customer endorsement here.
Fruit and Vegetables:
For prices see purchase in header.
And here are recommendations and reviews:
“Lovely item and a very helpful seller – many thanks!”
“Shipment was very fast and the product was very high quality. Thank you – I’m very pleased”
“What GORGEOUS ARTWORK you do! I always wished I was more artistic, I love to draw but only have limited talent in that way. I love you depictions of nature, just beautiful! Thank you for sharing that”.
“Hi Paula, I love your drawings and looking at them I can really feel the quiet moments and simple pleasures we can get from nature. Very calming, indeed! Many thanks”.
“You are a wonderfully talented artist Paula with a beautiful technique for making tender images that warm my heart to look at. Thank you”
“Paula, like you I love nature but you have an amazing capacity to capture nature at it’s best with your wonderful drawings. My best wishes for your continued success – people will fall in love with your wonderful talent”.
“The detail shown in the drawing of the Tawny Owl is amazing. This is another amazing piece from your Collection. Warm regards”
“Paula, I loved your nature arts. I do like stumbling upon feathers once in a while and collect them for their beauty. They seem like magical gifts from nature”.
Questions and orders? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
New drawings and paintings are regularly uploaded
Bullfinches Fine Art Cards by Paula Kuitenbrouwer, photo Thomas Kluck
I’ve discovered a marvellous, little book. It is named ‘The Art of the Handwritten Note, a guide to reclaiming civilized communication‘ by Margaret Shepherd.
‘The handwritten note has been around for hundreds of years, and it’s not going to die out just because some of its everyday functions have been taken over by e-mail and voice mail‘, writes Margaret Shepherd. Here is the link to the book.
This small and beautiful book opens with a chapter ‘Good Reasons to Stop Making Excuses‘. You are not too busy, people do still write handwritten notes, and your neglected handwriting can be improved. Reclaim civilized communication with Shepherd’s book and my Fine Art cards. Not only you will be happy, you will keep the art of the handwritten note alive.
Here is my Pheasant Feather card. It was commissioned by a teacher for using as a handwritten note of praise to excellent students.
Pheasant Feather Fine Art Card by Paula Kuitenbrouwer (copyrighted)
Five Floral Cards by Paula Kuitenbrouwer, on a wooden display, photo Thomas Kluck
Now available: five floral cards…in one set, with inlays and matching envelopes.
An apple….a yummy one with curly leaves…too pretty to eat;
A Honeysuckle….you can almost smell it;
The Three Graces, 3 Dutch Tulips…very pretty;
Four Dutch Tulips in a diagonal composition and a pumpkin with two autumn butterflies.
Contact Paula at email@example.com for the price and shipping costs. She is looking forward to hear from you.