For those who dread the fading, summer emerald green, enjoy rich grey and tan hues.
1. Buddha statue. Observe its greenish top-layers and its soft tan under-layer; as if this Buddha shows its real skin coming through the top layer. Photo The Buddha Gallery; more Buddha beauty over here.
2. Sketch of a Robin, Graphite pencil, Paula Kuitenbrouwer
3. Hestia or Vesta, ancient Greek Goddess
4. Collared Doves, Coloured pencils, Paula Kuitenbrouwer
5. Head of an Apostle by Raphael
6. Woodblocks showing a beautiful palette of soft green, tan and grey colours
7. Pine apple sketch in graphite, Paula Kuitenbrouwer
8. Toad sketch in graphite, Paula Kuitenbrouwer
Toad Bufo bufo, graphite pencils. Paula Kuitenbrouwer
Time for something ugly! I chose to draw Mr. Toad.
Mr. Toad lives in our garden near our patio. I am very hands-on with animals and I catch frogs, lizards, crickets, and chicks easily to show to my daughter. However, Mr. Toad hasn’t provoked the slightest ‘hands-on’ ambition. I recently let him awkwardly jump back to the bushes. He tumbled over a few times while sliding down the rain-drain which made me feel sorry for him. Why couldn’t I pick him up and help him to get away?
Maybe Mr. Toad is a kind and caring mother and deserves kindness instead of a long ‘arrghh!’.
‘Could you kiss it?’, I asked my daughter with ‘The Frog Prince’ of the Brothers Grimm in mind.
‘No way’, my daughter replied, ‘I don’t need a pampered prince’.
Poor Mr. Toad. He is clearly not in the right place at the right time.
Mr. Toad on our patio.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells exquisite fine art cards of her drawings as well as reproductions, and of some drawings smaller business-, gift- or mummy-cards. See Purchase in the header for what is available as well as the price list. In case you like to commission Paula, contact her at email@example.com