For all those who couldn’t attend the Art Fair, I have a few pre-packed Mindful Drawing products ready for sending. They are perfect gifts; handmade and packed in biodegradable foil.
Fine Art A5 Reproductions; 7 Euros
Koi Fish with Dragon Fly, Koi Fish with Lotus Flower, Tulips, Woodpeckers, Doves, Pheasant Feather.
Fine Art Cards Sets:
Apple, Bullfinches Couple, Golden Orioles, Fruit Bowl, Honeysuckle, Three Graces (Tulips).
I have a few sets available of 3 cards for 9 Euros.
Pumpkin Fine Art Reproduction size A5 (framing not needed, 7 Euros)
A lady at the Art Fair asked ‘What is the difference between your art cards on sale in an ordinary shop?’, on which I replied that you have to see my cards and reproductions as Museum-shop prints, though, they aren’t mass produced. They are printed one-by-one, with great care. They are for those who love my originals but prefer my reproductions.
Payment possible via PayPal. The prices are excluding shipping.
Bye-bye for now,
I invite you to have a look at my portfolio. To view the drawings-paintings, click on the names:
Birds, Flowers, Butterflies, Nature, and Miscellaneous
- Owls, Tawny, Strix aluco. Available as Fine Art Cards.
- Dove, Eurasian Collared Dove, Streptopelia decaocto. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Woodcocks, Scolopax rusticola, Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size), small stickers, Business card, Small Gift Card.
- Woodpeckers, Dendrocopos minor. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size).
- Song Thrush, Turdus philomelos. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Lapwings (Peewits), Vanellus vanellus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Golden Orioles, Oriolus oriolus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Kingfisher, Alcedo azurea. Available as Fine Art Cards, Small stickers.
- Bullfinches, Pyrrhula pyrrhula. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- European-goldfinches, Carduelis carduelis. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- Honeysuckle, Lonicera. Available as Fine Art Cards, A-4 Reproduction, Business cards.
- Poinsettia, Euphorbia pulcherrima. Available as large sticker.
- Tulips (3 tulips heads), Tulipa gesneriana, Available as Fine Art Card, Postcard.
- Tulips (4 stalks with tulip heads), Tulipa gesneriana. Available as Fine Art Card.
- Holly, (1 branch), Ilex aquifolium. Available as business card.
- Bee Orchid, Ophrys argolica. Available as Fine Art Cards and business cards. See customer endorsement here.
Fruit and Vegetables:
For prices see purchase in header.
And here are recommendations and reviews:
“Lovely item and a very helpful seller – many thanks!”
“Shipment was very fast and the product was very high quality. Thank you – I’m very pleased”
“What GORGEOUS ARTWORK you do! I always wished I was more artistic, I love to draw but only have limited talent in that way. I love you depictions of nature, just beautiful! Thank you for sharing that”.
“Hi Paula, I love your drawings and looking at them I can really feel the quiet moments and simple pleasures we can get from nature. Very calming, indeed! Many thanks”.
“You are a wonderfully talented artist Paula with a beautiful technique for making tender images that warm my heart to look at. Thank you”
“Paula, like you I love nature but you have an amazing capacity to capture nature at it’s best with your wonderful drawings. My best wishes for your continued success – people will fall in love with your wonderful talent”.
“The detail shown in the drawing of the Tawny Owl is amazing. This is another amazing piece from your Collection. Warm regards”
“Paula, I loved your nature arts. I do like stumbling upon feathers once in a while and collect them for their beauty. They seem like magical gifts from nature”.
Questions and orders? Contact: email@example.com
New drawings and paintings are regularly uploaded
Click to enlarge
Such wonderful treasure: The Art of the Handwritten Note, a guide to reclaiming civilized communication by Margaret Shepherd. This valuable book provides us with inspiration for writing letters and notes, as well as small thank you cards, shown here attached on a Korean Celadon flower vase with Dutch Tulips.
Vermeer’s ‘Girl reading a letter at an open window’ (circa 1659) tells us that despite the open window, that invites noises of playing children, dogs or chickens in the yard, in the room, a handwritten note captures the devoted attention of the girl. For a brief moment, the reader is drawn into the world of the writer. While we read letters, we hear the voices of the writers in our heads and hearts.
Don’t we all need a bit of enchantment, a show of friendship, or, like my Pheasant Feather card, a sign of appreciation?
We are approaching the Christmas and the Happy Holidays season. Refill your ink pens, and prepare your desk for a few hours of delightful, mindfully writing handwritten notes and cards.
N.B. Here is Valerie’s lovely blogpost on the magic of a letter.
Beautifully printed Pheasant Feather Fine Art cards.
See Purchase in the header for more information.
Pheasant Feather, copyright Paula Kuitenbrouwer, photo Thomas Kluck
This is my ‘Token of Appreciation Card’. The feather runs diagonal from the left down corner, symbolizing an increasing line of a line graph to the left upper corner. This shows good performance, increased productivity or knowledge.
The card of appreciation makes employees feel proud. The card is printed on fine art paper and shows the tiniest detail.
Don’t underestimate the power of appreciative gestures.
This card is excellent to give to your employees, students, volunteers or graduated family-members or friends.
The cards made from this drawing are of high quality; it is like the feather is lying on the card instead of printed on it.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells original drawings, exquisite fine art cards of her drawings as well as reproductions. See Purchase in the header for what is available as well as the price list. In case you like to commission Paula, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Upper: real pheasant feather, lower: my drawing of it)
Another 100 or more tiny lines to go and then this Pheasant Feather is ready. I can’t remember where I found this feather. But I picked it up and stored it for drawing it later. I enlarged it a bit and gave it a few extra curls to enhance a 3D effect.