Click to enlarge
One Time Offer
1. One bouquet vintage handmade envelope with stamps from Sverge, RSA (South Africa), and Danmark. Inside, packed in biodegradable plastic, a reproduction (14 -21 cm or 5 -8 inches) of 3 Tulip heads of my original drawing.
2. One butterfly vintage handmade envelope with 3 old butterfly stamps from Australia and Malaysia. Inside, packed in biodegradable plastic, a reproduction (14 -21 cm or 5 -8 inches) of two butterflies with brambles (Apatura iris and Polygonia c-album) of my original drawing.
For the Dutch:
For those on other awesome continents:
First come, first serve, and note on your PayPal payment you want the Bouquet or Butterfly vintage envelope with reproduction.
Have a wonderful weekend!
For all those who couldn’t attend the Art Fair, I have a few pre-packed Mindful Drawing products ready for sending. They are perfect gifts; handmade and packed in biodegradable foil.
Fine Art A5 Reproductions; 7 Euros
Koi Fish with Dragon Fly, Koi Fish with Lotus Flower, Tulips, Woodpeckers, Doves, Pheasant Feather.
Fine Art Cards Sets:
Apple, Bullfinches Couple, Golden Orioles, Fruit Bowl, Honeysuckle, Three Graces (Tulips).
I have a few sets available of 3 cards for 9 Euros.
Pumpkin Fine Art Reproduction size A5 (framing not needed, 7 Euros)
A lady at the Art Fair asked ‘What is the difference between your art cards on sale in an ordinary shop?’, on which I replied that you have to see my cards and reproductions as Museum-shop prints, though, they aren’t mass produced. They are printed one-by-one, with great care. They are for those who love my originals but prefer my reproductions.
Payment possible via PayPal. The prices are excluding shipping.
Bye-bye for now,
A few words
On my birds.
I see it as my duty
To show to you their beauty.
Peewits or Lapwings in a meadow, female sits on her nest and male stands guard.
Woodpecker family. Daddy Woodpecker inspects their home, mum woodpecker feeds their son.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells exquisite original art work (drawings and paintings), fine art cards, as well as large and smaller reproductions. See Cards or Reproductions in the header. Above images contain smaller A5 reproductions. They can be framed, but this isn’t needed.
In case you like to commission Paula, contact her at email@example.com
Clockwise, click to enlarge:
1. Two Butterfly Mugs (with succulent plants), designed by yours truly
2. An engraving of the fossil of a Prodryas persephone (1887)
3. A Ringlet, photo May 2013, The Netherlands
4. Prodryas persephone, an extinct butterfly. It was the first butterfly fossil to be found in North America. It is unusually well preserved.
5. A Ringlet, small business or mummy card by your truly
How does this butterfly fossil affect you? This fossil has amazing detail and clarity. It was collected in the late 1800s by the Mrs. Charlotte Hill, a homesteader turned naturalist, who helped discover many important fossils.
I’m inspired by the contrast of the hard stone (shale deposits of Late Eocene age) and the fragility of the butterfly. The force of raindrops on some rocks make them wear down, and a fragile butterfly can leave an imprint in stone. It tells us Die Milde Macht Ist Gross (Gentle Power Is Great).
Paula Kuitenbrouwer sells exquisite original drawings, fine art cards and reproductions. See Purchase in the header. In case you like to talk about an order or commission Paula, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
I invite you to have a look at my portfolio. To view the drawings-paintings, click on the names:
Birds, Flowers, Butterflies, Nature, and Miscellaneous
- Owls, Tawny, Strix aluco. Available as Fine Art Cards.
- Dove, Eurasian Collared Dove, Streptopelia decaocto. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Woodcocks, Scolopax rusticola, Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size), small stickers, Business card, Small Gift Card.
- Woodpeckers, Dendrocopos minor. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size).
- Song Thrush, Turdus philomelos. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Lapwings (Peewits), Vanellus vanellus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Golden Orioles, Oriolus oriolus. Available as Fine Art Cards, Reproduction (A4-size)
- Kingfisher, Alcedo azurea. Available as Fine Art Cards, Small stickers.
- Bullfinches, Pyrrhula pyrrhula. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- European-goldfinches, Carduelis carduelis. Available as a Fine Art Card.
- Honeysuckle, Lonicera. Available as Fine Art Cards, A-4 Reproduction, Business cards.
- Poinsettia, Euphorbia pulcherrima. Available as large sticker.
- Tulips (3 tulips heads), Tulipa gesneriana, Available as Fine Art Card, Postcard.
- Tulips (4 stalks with tulip heads), Tulipa gesneriana. Available as Fine Art Card.
- Holly, (1 branch), Ilex aquifolium. Available as business card.
- Bee Orchid, Ophrys argolica. Available as Fine Art Cards and business cards. See customer endorsement here.
Fruit and Vegetables:
For prices see purchase in header.
And here are recommendations and reviews:
“Lovely item and a very helpful seller – many thanks!”
“Shipment was very fast and the product was very high quality. Thank you – I’m very pleased”
“What GORGEOUS ARTWORK you do! I always wished I was more artistic, I love to draw but only have limited talent in that way. I love you depictions of nature, just beautiful! Thank you for sharing that”.
“Hi Paula, I love your drawings and looking at them I can really feel the quiet moments and simple pleasures we can get from nature. Very calming, indeed! Many thanks”.
“You are a wonderfully talented artist Paula with a beautiful technique for making tender images that warm my heart to look at. Thank you”
“Paula, like you I love nature but you have an amazing capacity to capture nature at it’s best with your wonderful drawings. My best wishes for your continued success – people will fall in love with your wonderful talent”.
“The detail shown in the drawing of the Tawny Owl is amazing. This is another amazing piece from your Collection. Warm regards”
“Paula, I loved your nature arts. I do like stumbling upon feathers once in a while and collect them for their beauty. They seem like magical gifts from nature”.
Questions and orders? Contact: email@example.com
New drawings and paintings are regularly uploaded
Bullfinches Fine Art Cards by Paula Kuitenbrouwer, photo Thomas Kluck
I’ve discovered a marvellous, little book. It is named ‘The Art of the Handwritten Note, a guide to reclaiming civilized communication‘ by Margaret Shepherd.
‘The handwritten note has been around for hundreds of years, and it’s not going to die out just because some of its everyday functions have been taken over by e-mail and voice mail‘, writes Margaret Shepherd. Here is the link to the book.
This small and beautiful book opens with a chapter ‘Good Reasons to Stop Making Excuses‘. You are not too busy, people do still write handwritten notes, and your neglected handwriting can be improved. Reclaim civilized communication with Shepherd’s book and my Fine Art cards. Not only you will be happy, you will keep the art of the handwritten note alive.
Here is my Pheasant Feather card. It was commissioned by a teacher for using as a handwritten note of praise to excellent students.
Pheasant Feather Fine Art Card by Paula Kuitenbrouwer (copyrighted)